Which Formula 1 driver made the most of the Canadian Grand Prix weekend?
It’s time to give your verdict on which driver did the best with the equipment at their disposal over the last three days.
Review how each driver got on below and vote for who impressed you the most at Circuit Gilles Villeneuve.
Driver performance summary
|Driver||Q stage||Q position||Q gap to team mate||GP grid position||GP result|
|Carlos Sainz Jnr||Q3||8||-0.759s||11||5|
|George Russell||Q3||5||+0.266s||4||Not classified|
|Nyck de Vries||Q1||18||+0.391s||17||18|
|Logan Sargeant||Q1||19||+1.399s||18||Not classified|
Advert | Become a RaceFans supporter and
Vote for your driver of the weekend
Which driver do you think did the best job throughout the race weekend?
Who got the most out of their car in qualifying and the race? Who put their team mate in the shade?
Cast your vote below and explain why you chose the driver you picked in the comments.
Who was the best driver of the 2023 Canadian Grand Prix weekend?
- No opinion (0%)
- Logan Sargeant (0%)
- Alexander Albon (70%)
- Yuki Tsunoda (1%)
- Nyck de Vries (0%)
- Kevin Magnussen (0%)
- Nico Hulkenberg (0%)
- Fernando Alonso (5%)
- Lance Stroll (0%)
- Guanyu Zhou (0%)
- Valtteri Bottas (1%)
- Oscar Piastri (1%)
- Lando Norris (0%)
- Pierre Gasly (0%)
- Esteban Ocon (0%)
- George Russell (1%)
- Lewis Hamilton (5%)
- Carlos Sainz Jnr (0%)
- Charles Leclerc (1%)
- Sergio Perez (0%)
- Max Verstappen (16%)
Total Voters: 132
A RaceFans account is required in order to vote. If you do not have one, register an account here or read more about registering here
When this poll is closed the result will be displayed instead of the voting form.
2023 Canadian Grand Prix
- Verstappen matches Senna, Clark and Fangio with Canadian GP success
- Perez concerned by lack of pace and seeking solution for braking problem
- Poor Canadian GP pace “tough to take” after shock second in qualifying – Hulkenberg
- McLaren’s three-race upgrade package will cut “a few tenths” off lap times
- Leclerc “more calm” after Ferrari explained why it overruled call for slicks – Vasseur
Debates and polls
- In what series will McLaren end their single-seater championship drought?
- Will Daniel Ricciardo be racing in Formula 1 in 2024?
- Massa wants “justice” over Crashgate. But what penalty did it deserve?
- Should the stewards have taken action over Russell-Verstappen collision?
- After 25 grands prix, has F1’s ground effect revolution improved racing?